Tap Cloud manages your devices and applications. You can use it from a mobile or a PC. Once connected to IoTize servers, this application allows to:
- declare your tap modules,
- manage your mobile applications (generate, download,...),
- perform firmware update.
First time users
Click on the Burger icon to toggle between menu and detail windows.
Displays all projects and their unique IDs (used in Mobile App | IoTize Cloud Project Id) and available build time (Primers have a limited number of builds).
Click on a Project to access:
- Android: Generates an Android Application Package (APK). Download generated APK on your Android device and open it.
- iOS app generator (not yet available)
- > Ionic/Angular Project source: that you can modify to build a customized app, or that you can open in Studio to ensure that you are using the correct configuration for this project).
You can upload a configuration, so that you can edit it.
List of all previous builds.
The Unique project identifier
Displays all registered devices and their information. Click on + button to register new devices. Click on a device number, then choose:
- Detail: Displays Hardware and Firmware versions.
- Primer Cloud: Displays Primer data logging, and an MQTT password.
- Firmware update: Displays available updates.
- Unlink button: to remove a Tap from your account (you can add it again if needed).
Connect to device
- Click on Connect to device.
- Select your chosen communication method (Bluetooth/MQTT).
- Click on the Search button and select your Tap.
- Click on Connect.
If your PC is BLE enabled with Windows 10 (version 10586 or higher) and Chrome, connect to the Tap via IoTize Cloud, click on the Firmware Update button and follow the prompts.
Otherwise you can download the update file and update your Tap from a command prompt, or from IoTize Studio (menu "Configuration | Update firmware"):
- Go to the 'Devices' page and select one of them:
- Click on the Firmware update button and select the version by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button:
For the command-line solution, follow the instructions below:
After downloading the update file from either from Tap Cloud, or from Studio (menu "Configuration" | "Generate Firmware Update File"), unzip it. When dowloaded from Tap Cloud, you have to rename the 'tapnlink' file with .izcp as suffix. When downloaded from Studio, you will find the file in the 'tmp' directory of the project folder.
Type cmd in the Search or Run line, and press Enter.
- Type iotize_pgm for a complete list of available commands.
- Type cd pathname\directory\folder to the folder of the update file.
- Apply the update file:
- In Socket, type: iotize_pgm GS,<
IPAddress> U< Filename.izsp>
For example: iotize_pgm GS,192.168.20.104 UTAP_1.1_ESP32_NFC_WIFI_BLE.izsp
- In BLE, type: iotize_pgm GB,<
BLEAddress> U< Filename.izsp>
For example: iotize_pgm GB,C1:6A:62:78:6F:78 UTAP_1.1_ESP32_NFC_WIFI_BLE.izsp
- In UART, type: iotize_pgm GU,<
COMPortNumber> U< Filename.izsp>
For example: iotize_pgm GU,COM4 UTAP_1.1_ESP32_NFC_WIFI_BLE.izsp
- In Socket, type: iotize_pgm GS,<
It is also possible to upload the firwmare update file from Studio by running the "Configuration" | "Update Tap Firmware" command.
Updating the firmware is a standard lwM2M command that can be run by any incoming protocol:
- NFC, BLE, WiFi ...
- UART is you perform the update at the production stage,
- MQTT for a remote operation. Updating through MQTT takes typically 30 minutes, but it can be done in background.
Note that a Tap reset will be performed after uploading the new firmware in order to take it into account.
By default, the firmware update file are encrypted with a unique key associated to the specified TAP. This key is a Read Only data and it is programmed once by IoTize during manufacturing.
For production batches, it is also possible to keep a single key for a set of taps dedicated to a single application. Contact IOTIZE or your distributor if you need a single key for several TAPs. This mode will allow to broadcast a single firmware update file to several taps.