Tap Manager App
Tap Manager is a free app that can always connect to your Tap.
Simply launch Tap Manager on a mobile then either:
- Click on the Burger icon to access an unlisted device.
- Select one of the proposed Tap communication paths (or tap your Tap).
- Set up a relay.
- Discover a Tap's configuration. This is useful if Studio cannot connect to the Tap (in particular the WiFi connectivity settings, the host name must be the same as Studio | Connection to Tap | Socket host name).
- Customize it to create a Proof Of Concept App.
Create a Proof Of Concept App
This can be useful if you:
- don't have advanced mobile features such a GPS.
- don't have mobile App coding skills.
- don't want to publish an App on the playstore yourself.
- want low level communication with the Tap to be handled for you.
- Customize IoTize Studio:
- Set Mobile App | App Type to IoTize 'Tap manager' HTML Web pages.
- Set Mobile App, Name and AAR to your chosen values (Tap Manager is com.iotize.android.communicationapp).
- Set IoT Platform to IoTize Primer Cloud.
- Set Studio | Automatic Website generation to Yes.
- Set Website URL or Path to the pathname of your web app pages.
- Configure and Test | Reboot Tap.
- Publish App.
- View your app: Simply tap the Tap and your App should appear in the WebViewer.
See Getting Started for a detailed description.